Last year was probably one of the most important years of my life. It comprised mostly highs and some lows.
- Academically, it was a good year. I managed to get an eight in both the semesters without giving any real effort. The results were as much a shock to me as to my friends.
- Spent a month at Tata Steel, Jamshedpur for industrial training. This was my longest stay away from home (about 40 days). I stayed at my uncle’s place. My cousins there are very much into chess, they go to chess coaching classes every Sunday. I enjoyed an occasional game of chess with them, then after a week or two I started taking chess seriously and now it is becoming an obsession.
- During my stay at Jamshedpur, I tried out some Bihari cuisines like litti and dhuska and will try to avoid them in future. 😀
- Two IT companies visited our college for campus recruitments. I was lucky enough to cash in the opportunity. Yes! I got placed!
- After two months of discussion with my group-mates, we settled with walkie talkie as the topic for our final year project. Also, we were allotted a mentor, who has a knack of answering questions with another question. Some of my friends suspect him to be a sadist.
- Started reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh, It’s Not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong, The Man-Eater of Malgudi by R. K. Narayan. But finished reading none.
- Joined gym and started swimming. But ended up eating more to make up for the burned calories.
- Learned to make tea.
- Applied for passport.
- Went on a trip to Darjeeling with four of my friends. We had a great time travelling, sight seeing and eating. The memories still remain fresh in my mind.
Hope for a better 2015 !
Email Id: email@example.com
© All Rights Reserved
** Restricting copying, distribution and recompilation.